Thursday, February 23, 2006

all I want

Okay, I know I mentioned in a previous post that I am happy with my slightly robust figure these days - and let me just assure you that I do love my dear body, but lately out of desire to eat a little more smartly and a little less like a garbage truck that takes anything it can get its hands on, I decided to cut down on carbs - yes, carbohydrates.

Now half of you are probably rolling your eyes thinking that I've succumbed to yet another diet fad, but I resent that. I am not a dieter, nor have I ever been. I simply thought I'd try it out to see what effect it would have on me, and if any, how fast.

I also am not interested in going crazy cutting out every last carb in my cupboards and eating only steak and onions. No, I've been a tad more relaxed. I've simply cut down majorly on the el-carbos and have lessened my eating in general throughout the day.

So in light of this, I thought I'd just get my cravings of late off my chest. I have had quite a few, and I'm sure that ranting about them will make me feel better. Go, Laura, go!

1. I'm not a big fry eater, but I'd like a couple.
2. Could there be a better breakfast food than cereal?
3. I've been having hard boiled eggs alone in the morning. I miss toast.
4. Delicious Japanese sticky rice.
5. I hate to admit it, but I want a Big Mac.


Okay, that makes me feel better already.
Thanks for listening. Hah.

2 comments:

Stacy Kaye said...

I admire your quest...I also have tried to eat more healthy lately and have lost 10 pounds. Somtimes, though, you just have to have the Big Mac. Tonight I had the 2 cheeseburger meal from McD's and it was AMAZING! The fact that I rarely eat it now probably made it that much better and you know what? I didn't feel a BIT guilty! I even *gasp* had ice cream later!

Adrienne Dawn said...

Yeah, I find the key is moderation. That way you are not totally denying yourself of the things you love so you don't just jump off the wagon and say forget it. If you just allow yourself to have only 1 serving at a meal, or a smaller serving portion, etc, it's so much better than cutting out everything. I did that once with fat grams and it nearly cost me my life, because I got so anal about it I was passing out all the time. Stupid. Now I find that just doing some crunches every day along with eating a little less throughout the day helps keep me where I am.

That Big Mac looks SOOOOOO good my mouth is watering, and I'm 25 miles from the nearest McD's!