Friday, February 17, 2006
go, team canada, go!
I like the Olympics. They're pretty fun to watch. I enjoy watching our dear Country's "medal count" go up, and I cry as the olympians crash or fall. There are a lot of good events in the Olympics. Figure skating is always interesting to watch, and ski jumping, and speed skating, but there's one event in particular that I just can't get into. It's hockey. Maybe it's the rather boring jerseys, or the fact that we'll probably win, or at least do really well, or maybe it's just because a lot of the other countries I've watched them play so far don't seem to stand a chance against the Canadian team, but it's just stinkin' boring to me. Don't get me wrong- the idea of an all-star Canadian team comprised of our best players is an exciting prospect, but I just can't seem to get into it. Maybe my love of hockey is fading a little these days. Maybe I was put off by the long break from the NHL and I just haven't gotten as excited about it all since then. Maybe it's not all it's cracked up to be... or maybe my hockey helmet is just on a little too tight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yeah, on Thursday they put the Olympics on all of our TVs in the hallways of the school so kids and teachers could watch the Canadian hockey team play during lunch and their spare. I was more excited when the game was over and I saw that it was time for men's figure skating! :)
Yeah, on Thursday they put the Olympics on all of our TVs in the hallways of the school so kids and teachers could watch the Canadian hockey team play during lunch and their spare. I was more excited when the game was over and I saw that it was time for men's figure skating! :)
Well, personally I've never been a huge hockey fan, and the long break from the NHL soured me even more, just like baseball in 1993 or 94 in their strike. However, a medal is a medal and I really wanted our team to do well. The women (USA) deisappointed me yesterday, and today the men surprised me too. I was surprised by the Canadian team too when they lost recently!
Laura your writing is hilarious!
Mom
Post a Comment