Friday, February 24, 2006

list of unpleasantries

There are some things in my life that just give me a bad feeling - whether it be a smell, a texture, or a situation. Here is a humble list of my "yucks".

1. Looking down and seeing a spot of food dried onto your shirt.

2. That gut wrenching feeling when you realize you've forgotten you were meeting someone and you have stood them up.

3. The texture of mushrooms.

4. The nagging need to watch the ground as you walk on grass in barefeet. Maybe it's just me, but is anyone else worried that a bee, or worse - poo, might be in your path?

5. The crackling sound of your neck when the physiotherapist takes your head in her hands and whips it to the side.

6. A lingering smell of garlic on your fingers.

7. Getting a huge zit when you're well past the "breaking out" age.

8. Catching a bus driver picking his nose.

9. Trying to cut a piece of paper with scissors that have previously cut wire.

10. That worrying feeling that at some point, your worst nightmares are going to come true, and your lower teeth will get locked in the "underbite" position.

(is that only me....?)

3 comments:

Stacy Kaye said...

I can't stand it when I put gas in my car and a teeny, tiny little bit gets on my hand but I don't realize it until I am driving down highway 1, unable to stop. I then have to pour on the hand sanitizer, but it never seems to do the trick!

Adrienne Dawn said...

Wow! You are a blogging queen today! I think I will borrow your idea for a future blog about my own yucks! For example, when the dog or cat pukes on my carpet, I gag when I try to clean it!

Laura and Ryan said...

adrienne, I'd love to see your blog. What's the address? Somehow I can't get onto it by clicking on your name...