I remember hoping that she'd have all the attractive attributes from each of us, and none of the ugly ones. Hah!
But I do wonder whether she'll be much like her parents. Ryan and I are really wacky together. I mean, maybe everyone is. That's the big question we continually ask ourselves. Are most couples so weird when they're alone together? Do most couples have spontaneous air band competitions, dance offs, and talk in dorky voices when no one else is looking? I think that there must be a hidden side to every couple, one that only comes out in secret, but I suppose couples must vary in degree of strangeness. At least we all have a good time, right?
Hmm, but will Plava join us in our dancing? Will she pipe in with her own harmony to a cheesy love-song we hear on the radio? Will she, gasp, even surpass our level of wackiness? It's hard to imagine, until she does her little spazzy jumps in her excersaucer; and instead of kissing my cheek, bites it and laughs; and can't stay still but squeals with glee when the wind is in her face.
She's a mystery - always. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE watching her get older and grow into a little person that's capable of doing more and more every day. I can't wait to see who she'll turn out to be, and I can't wait to see how we'll all fit together as a family.
2 comments:
I agree, I think every couple has a secret silly side! There are times when my husband and I are making jokes about something or we're laughing over something no one else would get, I think to myself, is every couple like this?
Yes Laura, we all talk in silly voices! At least...we do! I think you have to be silly sometimes. I ALSO think that Plava is BLESSED to have parents like you! I'm sure some of her greatest memories will be your wackiness. My sisters and I love to reminisce about our mom singing Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer on super speed into the broom handle!
Post a Comment