Monday, June 12, 2006

all hail the track

I haven't given much of an update on my running for a little while, but I have to say that I discovered a wonderful thing! Running tracks. Ryan and I went to a park with a track the other day in order to do our runs. We thought that a track would be better for the knees as well as easy to push the stroller on while running. Well, the stroller was easier to push than on concrete, but it still made running a lot harder (I had to cut my 3 minutes down to 2), BUT on the other hand, my knees felt heavenly!! I didn't feel a thing! I ran again last night on a track and it was the same! I feel nothing anymore! Not only that, but I feel no pain at any time during the day, which was a concern before! WOW!! The shoes and the running locale have made all the difference. Woo hoo!!! Now I'm all pumped up to keep going and to become a serious runner again! Yahooo!!!

2 comments:

Andrew Alexander said...

I agree, running on concrete is hard. (sorry, no pun intended) I ran in the Sun Run this year, and my knees were a little sore after.

Good luck in your running career!

That is a great picture! Is it of you?

Laura and Ryan said...

I wish it was me!! :) Nope. I've still got some work to do before I look that good!