Baba - she lives in Kelowna. She's my sweet Ukrainian grandmother who has a strong accent and who through my early years' visits would grab my arm as she passed by me at the dinner table, heavy laden with one of her famous Ukrainian feasts, and say "Eat, eat! You're too skinny!!". The last time she saw me she sidled up to me and said, "Laura, we need to eat healthy, nye?"
I laughed and agreed, not bothered in the least. In fact, it was nice to have a camaraderie with her, and to share in something, even if it's our fatty bods. ;)
We're driving out to visit her as well as some of our Kelownian cousins who had babies at the same time as my sister and I did (there were 5 born within 4 months). It should be great! We'll also be taking advantage of cherry pickin' season out there, and bringing home a mother-lode. Yesssss, bring on the trots!!!

I'm sure I'll have some good stories to tell upon our return. Until then, keep out of the sun but enjoy the beauty!!
2 comments:
That picture of her with the five babies is precious.
Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh, I wish I was coming too! Well, have a good time...say hi to baba and the cousins for me.
Post a Comment