So today I'm taking care of little F and Plava. Little F is quite miserable due to teething, and upon my arrival this morning was crying and seemed rather feverish. After a few nap attempts gone awry, I gave her some baby tylenol and teething tablets (all you moms out there - teething tablets are the bomb!).
So she seemed to perk up after that, and I decided it was time to get on with the day and have some lunch. Lasagna!!Now, when I think of lasagna, I think of delicious pasta noodles, layered with ground beef, vegetables and tomato sauce. But it was apparent quite quickly that the little girls' thought about lasagna in a different way. I think they understood it as "SOMETHING WE RUB ALL OVER OUR FACES AND HEADS AND SOMETHING TO THROW ON THE FLOOR AND AFTERWARDS WE CAN JUST YELL AT THE TOP OF OUR LUNGS ABOUT HOW FUN IT WAS!!!!" Um yes. It was a bit of a mess.
I put off the end of lunch for a good long while - playing piano and tidying the kitchen, but there came a point when both girls had had enough of their highchairs and so it was time to tackle the orange hue.
Instead of getting a dainty little baby cloth and wiping them from head to foot, I thought it better to just drop them into a bath. And so I did. They bathed, and I was happy. When they were clean I got them out, diapered them, and drained the bathwater, now infested with little bits of pasta and small chunks of ground beef that had wiggled their way out of between the girls' toes.
Now was as good a time as any for naps, so I picked them both up, clad in nothing but diapers, grabbed their bottles out of the fridge, both of which quickly made their way into some eager mouths, and headed upstairs to the "nap zone". Within 20 minutes, both girls were asleep, having finished their bottles. Miraculous!!!
Here's to hoping they sleep long and deep this afternoon. Is there anything more wonderful than a sleeping baby?
Yes.
Two sleeping babies.
4 comments:
WEll that answers the question of whether to give her a bath or not tonight. Thanks Laura!!
T
Wow...good job! It looks like you are ready to have #2 if you can handle that!
WOOOOAAAH THERE!!! Not quite yet!! :)
Well, I think if you are going to have yummy lasagne, you should certainly enjoy it to it's fullest extent, and it sounds like the girls did!
Post a Comment