Sunday, June 04, 2006

pant, pant


Okay! So I got the shoes! There they are! Beautiful eh? I quite like them.

I took them out for a run yesterday - in the bright sun, on a gravel path (I stayed on the edge where some grass grew), and I didn't do too bad. My knees hurt a little still, but it was an improvement and I figure they have to take a little time to get better eh?

I was pleased with how I felt after taking a week off running. It wasn't as brutally horrible as I thought. (As Adrienne put it, I didn't really feel like "dying") Not this time. Next time? Maybe, but this time I held it together. It was an easier run, after all. Run 2 minutes, walk 2 minutes, 6 times. But it was good. I think the fact that I was running out in the hot sun with no shade cover helped it to be a little harder. I think I sweated a little more than normal. (Is "sweated" a word?)

So I'm back to it! Next run in on Tuesday! Yahoo!! I really really do appreciate everyone's comments and encouragement (both on the blog and in email)! It's kept me feeling like, "YEAH! I CAN DO THIS!!" It's nice to know that the rest of the world isn't super-fit marathon runners.

I'm on a roll. I'm going to keep it up. I'm going to go out running even when it's raining, when I'm tired, or when I'm feeling like I'd rather bash my head into a wall than do it. Yeah!!!

2 comments:

Stacy Kaye said...

Yeah, the heat makes it harder. Yesterday morning when I was running I had to peel off a layer-thank goodness there was another underneath or I might have scared off the "bears" that have been spotted in Mundy Park recently! Anyways, the heat made it seem a lot more difficult. But, just keep going! I'm so proud of you! You are motivating me to stick with my program as well.

Michal said...

The times you are tired or really not wanting to do it are the times that it feels the best after I do run. I love it. Rain is the best thing to run in! Okay, maybe not the best, but not the worst. For me the worst is bright sun and heat.