Well I tried out the bike trailer mentioned previously and to my surprise, it was wonderful! It wasn't like lugging a pile of bricks around behind me after all! I even used my bike that isn't a cool retro easy-rider, but is rather a cool sporty mountain bike (um, that is coming from someone who knows nothing about mountain bikes, so those of you who are MB snobs, bite your tongues!!!), and although the seat made my bum feel bruised after 5 minutes, I enjoyed myself profusely. Okay, and the handle bars were so low that I felt like my bum was far higher in the air than my head was, but that's fixable. The best part of the ride, however, was the cuteness of the little peanut behind me. For a long while she just sat in a daze, staring straight ahead as if drugged. Then slowly, her eyelids heavied and sank lower and lower until she was fast asleep.


These pictures were taken just before we got her out and back into the house where she sadly didn't continue her slumber. Oh well. It was adorable.
It WAS a little nerve wracking though, once we realized that we should really have a helmet on her. That was early on in the ride so from then on we stayed to quiet side streets and didn't get too crazy with the trailer (no off-roading!).
Now comes my question. If anyone knows any good place to buy a baby-sized bike helmet, let me know! I've checked my all time favourite store - Superstore - and they had toddler ones that were still too big. So any ideas are welcome!
2 comments:
Ahh...it looks like fun! And might I say, darling, that you are looking FABULOUS! You're getting slim and trim! Good job! Yet again, you give me hope for my post-baby future. Isn't it sad that I worry about those things and I'm not even pregnant!?
Hey, she looks like Ryan in that last picture too! I think it is the head shape or something.
Okay from someone who has moved to different cities every year for the past 8 I always got a new, inexpensive helmet at Canadian Tire. I know they have kids helmets, just not sure about the baby ones.
You are great, Laura! Your blog is great! I like your cheek and witty thoughts! Yay Laura!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment