Wednesday, June 14, 2006

who are you and what have you done with my daughter

Well I don't know what hit her - possibly the "word bus", but Plava is suddenly saying words!!! It's as if the "listen, learn, repeat" switch was turned on in her wee brain and she's been wound up and set down. Here are a few of the munchkin's first words:

Dada - okay, she's been saying that for a while now, but now she really seems to know who she's talking about.

Mama - finally, at long last, she says it.

Haaaaaaiii - meaning "hi"

Du... - meaning "duck" (obviously)

Doooo....- meaning "dog" (of course)

Adaaaa....- meaning "all done" (okay, she's only said this twice, but I'm sure it will stick!)

Baa baa - meaning "bottle" (yeah, so she's only said this one a few times as well, who cares?)

Meeeeeaaa! - meaning "meow", every time the cat wanders by

Kaka - meaning "cracker"

Nnnaa naa!! - meaning "banana"

WOW!! Now if only I could get her to say these words on demand - then people will actually believe that she says them!! Hah! She's rather mute when I try to show people her talking. It's amazing though, and so entertaining to hear her starting to communicate verbally. I can't wait until she learns more!


1 comment:

Nancy said...

Awe! So precious! That must be so rewarding as a parent!