I've never been one to be up on the latest books on the Best Seller's list, or even much of a book reader at all, except for having a few thinker-books that I wade through slowly over time. However, I read a book recently and I have to recommend it. A friend of a friend, okay, I'll call her my friend too, told me to read "The Red Tent". I had never heard of it, being not much of a novel reader, but it sounded interesting, so I bought and read it. It was fabulous, particularly for me who's a woman because the content was very much about women and their interractions back in the time of Jacob, Leah and Rachel (of the Bible). It was written by a Jewish author about Dinah, the daughter of Leah who's story is short and trajic in the book of Genesis. It was great, although a tad crude in parts, but it made me want to be a midwife! (not for real, but in some dreamy part of my imagination) I won't say much more, in case you're interested in reading it, but I really did enjoy it.
2 comments:
Hey Laura, wierd thing...
I decided after reading this entry that I'd like to read that book. Then, a week later, I'm sitting on our friend's couch, and think to myself, "I'd really like to read that Red Tent book." Then, I look up to their bookshelf that has all of 5 books on it, and one of them is the Red Tent! So I borrowed it. So excited!
Well I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!
Post a Comment