As I sit here, I'm fighting a battle of will. Who will win out: me or the cat? Sylvie, as we like to call her when we're not calling her "the spaz", is a bit pushy sometimes. It's mostly just an issue when I sit down at the computer to check email, or check up on my small list of blogs-to-visit, or to search for a recipe. Yes, the cat takes my sitting down as a bright, blaring signal to THROW HERSELF AT ME.
She is a friendly cat. I've mentioned this before. (I know there are some people reading this thinking, "friendly? I've never even seen her. I hardly believe she exists.")
Proof:


So, like I said, she's a friendly cat. HOWEVER, since Plava arrived (yes, it's been going on for a year) she's been so affectionate that I feel like throwing her out the window. (not that she wouldn't mind a little outdoor freedom....)
Now, how could I be so cold, you ask? Well, after the cat has jumped up on my lap for the 15th time, hoping for some lovin' and adoringly digging her claws into my thighs, to which I respond by tossing her off my lap onto the floor, I feel justified in being a tad annoyed. I get little wee welts on my legs from these encounters, not to mention little pools of drool where she purred out her liquid love onto my jeans.
Once I was so fed up with just trying to get something done on the computer, that I decided to take the opposite approach. I took her in my arms, faced her towards me, and proceeded to rub my face all over her face and whiskers (something she does to us when she's feeling friendly). She loved it, and then had had enough, and jumped down. However, I paid for it in a nasty bunch of itchy bumps on my face. Apparently that wasn't such a good idea.
Oh well.
So we continue to play the game. Up and down, up and down, up and down. And who wins? Nobody. She doesn't give up very easily, but she keeps on trying. I keep throwing her down, but never get more than a moments' release because she simply circles my chair and jumps up again.
What a kitty.
4 comments:
Cute. I love kitties because they have such a personality. Shellie usually talks to me for at least five minutes after I walk in the door. I'm assuming he's telling me about his day or something. Either that or telling me that I should have been there all day to keep in company and how dissapointed he is in me. Anyways, he usually won't shut up until I rub his tummy for a minute or two, or pick him up and cuddle him in my arms like a baby. What a cutie.
You have a cat?!?!?
Yup, I do. Longer than I've even known you, Nancy. Can you believe it?
Cats rock! Dogs, well, don't.
Post a Comment