So I sit here typing away while Plava cries in her room. Like I said recently, she's become a superstar sleeper, waking up at 8:15 or so, and going to bed for naps and night time like she was hoping for it all day. But right now, she cries.
The other morning we had to be out of the house really early, so we got her up at about 5:30. Painful. Pain-pain-painful. She handled the early morning marvelously, but by 9:30 was showing signs of a seriously out-of-wack, restless but exhausted, hard-to-settle 1 year-old. Since then, naps have become challenging again, although bedtime is fine.
So as we have it, she's weeping away in her crib, me having just visited her to calm her down, but to no avail because as soon as I left she was standing up again, crying her eyes out.
I hope soon she'll settle down, but I suspect this might be a tough one. She's getting more stamina as she gets older, and her stubborness takes longer to fight down. On the other hand, when she falls asleep, she's a good little sleeper! That's something to be thankful about.
Anyway, off I go to once again calm the dear down.
2 comments:
It must be the hardest thing in the world to listen to your kid cry. Poor Plava!
Yeah, it's hard, but it's gotten easier as she's gotten older because I'm learning that there's a dose of stubbornness mixed in with the sadness. :) I'm happy to say that she went down for her afternoon nap like the sleeping-superstar we know she is. Yahooo!
Post a Comment