"Certainly," I replied, "I'll sew you a costume during your nap times, seeing as they're so lengthy these days!"
So as I quickly laid her down to sleep the other morning, her eyes closing and her little body becoming limp, I smirked with delight knowing that not ALL parents have such good sleepers. No, I knew that Plava was a special child.
I whipped downstairs to the sewing machine which was sitting in the middle of the clean kitchen table, in the middle of the sparkling kitchen, at the centre of our immaculate home, and sewed her an adorable lamb costume made from silk and the wool sheared earlier that morning off our sheep that live in the back yard.
Sigh, isn't life easy?
As I sit here, Plava screams in her bedroom. She's having a hard time going to sleep again and we decided to once again try the tough approach. I'll visit her for the 5th or 6th time (I've lost count) soon, to try and calm her down, only to leave and have her start all over again. MERCY!
Her costume is a lamb, however, but wasn't made by me. Far better than that, it was sort of an unexpected family-created thing. The lamb hood was made by my sister when she was on a hat-sewing kick some years ago, and the woolly vest was lovingly brought back from England by my parents a few months ago. (it's real wool, though not from any sheep in our back yard)
I took Plava to the pumpkin patch today, where we were to meet my sister, Cousin F, and Little E, as well as our friends Katie, and her boys J and M. Good fun, except for the fact that since Plava's not walking yet, I had to carry her the whole time. EEEP! My arms and back are aching!!
We started by checking out some llamas,
then we checked out some goats and sheep, one of which took a chomp of not one, but BOTH of Plava's hands, causing a rather lengthy recovery period - nasty little buggers!
As you can see, the lamb hat didn't stay on long...We then hopped onto the hay ride pulled by a big "taka!" (tractor) and headed through the mud to the pumpkin patch.

We wandered through the rows searching for the perfect little pumpkins for Plava and Cousin F.
Here, Plava very seriously shows us that she would like to take home a this BIG pumpkin. She ended up settling for a smaller one though, since she had a hard time picking this one up.We then hopped back up on the wagon for the ride back.
WHAT A MORNING! LOADS OF FUN!!I've never been to a pumpkin patch before, so my enthusiasm is completely justified. :)
Tonight I think we'll take Plava to a couple doors in our complex and then just hand out candy to the other kids. I'm looking forward to a cozy night in.
Happy Halloween!!!
5 comments:
AWE! So adorable!!
Cute. I should make her a pint sized lamb hood. I keep meaning to...but you know...wedding, masters degree. Excuses. Excuses.
Mic
She looks absolutely adorable. I love the little videos. Do you do them with your camera?
We sure do.
Awwww... Those sheep ears are so cute. Good job on the costume. Ryan looks like a very proud daddy.
Post a Comment