This cluster maps thing is crazy. Apart from my amazement at how many hits I'm getting, I feel like I'm in a pseudo competition with my blogmates - WHO CAN GET THE MOST HITS?
So, checking up on my cluster map, it seems that I've had 251 visits over the past 6 days.
HOLY COW.
That shocked me, at first. I mean, 251! In 6 days! Who in the world is checking my blog? Then I remembered that Carmen checks it about 10 times an hour, so considering that, it may be more like 100 hits in the past 6 days. :)
HOWEVER, there are dots on there that I haven't the foggiest who they could be!
So who are you? Say a little hello, will ya?
8 comments:
I would estimate that I am approx. on here ten times per day. Pathetic isn't it! Happy Posting to ya'.
Chances are, 251 different hits is the real number.
Website auditing (like counters and stuff) is more accurate when it counts only unique hits. How many overall hits it not nearly as important as how many unique hits.
To get ultra nerdy (you knew I would!) what they are probably counting is IP addresses; that is your unique 'address' on the web... and someone who checks, say, 10 times and hour, still has the same IP address each time, so it won't log subsequent hits.
So really, the numbers actually get more impressive!
I checked up on it, and it is the IP address that they're taking into account. Wow. Wow. Wow.
Okay then, Laura. How do you check this?
Mom
I've noticed that some of the red dots on yours and mine and Andrews are all the same. I wonder if people are using our links?
Yeah, I copied you and put the clustermap on mine too. I also put it on a hidden page in main website to check out where people are looking at it from. I love it!
Mic
Do you think that is Miki that is looking at your from Japan??
Mic
No, I'm guessing it's other ALTs (teachers) in Japan - I'm a link on a ALT website out there.
Post a Comment