Wednesday, November 29, 2006

shintmas time is here again!

It's almost Christmas!! Wahooo! I'm pretty dang excited, I must admit. Here are some things I LOVE about the approach of the holiday:
  • Shintmas - every year we go out with a group of friends for Japanese food (actually, it was Greek last year) around Christmas time, hence "Shint-Mas".
  • We get to put up a Christmas tree!!!
  • We get to decorate said tree!!
  • It gets cold outside and cozy inside!
  • The city starts glowing red, white and green, and it's splendid!
  • I love giving people gifts!!!
  • I get to write and send out our Christmas newsletter!!! (I've been excited about it since the summer....is that weird?)
  • We get to spend some good deliberate love-time with our families!
  • Everyone just gets warm and fuzzy and joyful!!

And a few things that are not so hot about the approach of the holiday:
  • We are actually going to put up a fake tree this year. I'm horribly sad about that.
  • Our tree usually ends up looking REALLY UGLY - though we enjoy it anyway.
  • It's too cold outside to go for a run. (this could be seen as a good thing, but with all the extra food I eat around now, it belongs more on the negative list than the positive one)
  • When the snow melts it gets really, really soggy out there.
  • I am a bit of a procrastinator-shopper, so along with the rest of the city, I'm out there rushing around like a mad woman the week before Christmas.
  • Christmas comes and goes so dang fast!!!
Well, this weekend we'll likely be setting up our tree, putting up some lights, and finishing off the newsletter. I'll certainly post some festive pictures when it's all done!!! Have a very nice day, and enjoy the approach of the holidays!

2 comments:

Andrew Alexander said...

Yes, I agree. Christmas comes way too fast... and leaves too fast aswell.

It would be nice if this snow could come back on Christmas Day!

Stacy Kaye said...

Yay Christmas! It's my favorite! I can't wait to go home for the holidays.