I was remembering something funny Ryan and I used to do when we were bored in Japan. Now before your mind heads towards the gutter, let me explain. We had a cell phone there, and it being Japan, it was pretty cool. It had a camera on it!! (Okay, so they all have that now, but this was before they came out in Canada, okay?) Anyway, we could text our families back home - to their computers, and we would often, just to say hi.
Then we thought up a fun game.
We'd take a picture of a body part and play the "guess who?" game. Earlobes, baby toes, nipples....you name it. (haha)
(I'm realizing as I write this that the word "nipple" wouldn't have rolled off my tongue so easily before I experienced nursing a baby.....my how things change)
Anyway, the photos would look something like this:

And we'd say something like, "Okay! The first one to guess who's pinkie this is wins!!!"
Shortly thereafter, some member of the family would email back a message, "RYAN!!" or "LAURA!!"
It was pretty funny.
About the stress thoughts, well yes, I've been dealing with quite a bit of anxiety over the past while. I don't really understand why, because it's something I've never dealt with before - ever in my life - and I hardly know how to handle it. I've started a new job - working "at home", at least on my own time - and it's been a slow learning curve. I've been learning a new computer program (Simply Accounting) and a whole world of stuff to do with being the bookkeeper/administrator/communication person/do-it-all-lady for a small business, which is our church. It's been hectic, to say the least, and I've struggled with knowing how to allot my time between Plava, Ryan, myself, and work. Tough stuff!
I've only ever had one panic attack before this, but since taking this on, have been warding them off almost weekly. I hate feeling like I can't handle something, but I know that this job in particular is one that I just have to get used to and it will improve. There's always a certain ebb and flow to a job, and figuring that out can be the big challenge at first. I just have to get into a nice, steady rhythm.
So I'm working on it. I'm getting better at breathing when I'm feeling anxious, and reminding myself that in the big life picture, this is only peanuts. Important peanuts, worthy of my time and brain power, but small peanuts nonetheless.
Anyway, if any of you read this and think you'd like to, feel free to launch a prayer up or a warm feeling my way, whatever your habit.
And in the meantime, I'm getting to work! :) Have a great day.
6 comments:
Just to help you, Laura.....I think it's Ryan's pinkie!
Mom
Sending a prayer right now! You can do it...you are an amazing woman that is capable of anything you really want to do!
I'll pray for you Laura.
Teresa
I just prayed for you.
Laura,
I have also prayed for you.
Love Mom
:)
Hey Laura, hang in there! I think you're right about things improving when you're a little more used to the new schedule. I'll pray for you too.
Post a Comment