Sunday, December 31, 2006

bliss

My sister got married today. She's the eldest. She was the last sister to get married. It didn't take me long to shed a couple tears. No, they flowed freely today.

She wore a beautiful gown and the decorations had an Indian flair. Reds and purples and golds filled the church and hall. The ceremony was splendid, if not a little painful in the foot department.....so much for my sassy high heels - my feet are killing me. It was amazing to me, and still remains so, that M is married. And to N! And that's it! Done! Knot tied! Love proclaimed!

Amazing.

I got to sing a song at the ceremony. It was good - went well - got some good feedback. It got me thinking about writing music again. It's been a long lull in my music-writing and I feel it's time to get back into it. When? How? I'll have to make time.

The reception was great - lots of laughs and some tears. An Irish band and great dancing. I managed to find ample partners to dance with once Ryan took sleepy Plava home and I was left to party the night away without a care. Dad, Jeremy, Peter, thanks for stepping in there. Good fun.

I'm now home, at 1:45 and I'm rather tired. To bed, then. To rise in not too long, to live another day. Just another day for me, but a WHOLE NEW WORLD for my sister and her new husband.

M and N, I'm so happy for you. We all are. Love you. Goodnight.

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

A New Years wedding. Neat! I think it's wonderful that you are thinking of writing/performing more again. You are amazingly talented! I remember a song you and Ryan performed together on the piano at CAC, that you had written, and I kept thinking, "I can't believe they wrote this!"

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the warm thoughts on our wedding/marriage! We are here on honeymoon and it still hasn't sunk in that we are married. It was great music...I loved it! Nigel's friend thought it was mesmerizing (A Scottish lass...so make sure you cover Europe with your first tour). I just can't believe I am now married. You looked great out on the dance floor!!!! You looked HOT!

Mic (& Nig)

Laura and Ryan said...

Aw shucks. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing couple! It was a beautiful wedding and I was so thankful to have been invited. I got to see all my cousins as well! Laura you should definitely get back into music!! You were born with the talent and when the 3 of you sang there was no holding the tears back.

I love you guys!

~SHare~

Nancy said...

Ditto on what Rhonda said.

I love weddings! That photo is priceless! I don't know you... but best wishes M and N!

Stacy Kaye said...

Looks like it was beautiful. Laura, I would LOVE to see you get back into writing and singing again. What little I have heard you do is amazing. You are talented and God can use those talents!