Monday, December 18, 2006

sleep story

You know what I think is a hilariously ridiculous product out there at the moment? (Don't worry - if you love it or even have it, that's absolutely wonderful for you.)

Scentstories.

It's like a cd player for smells. I'm not sure why this thing strikes me as utterly ridiculous. Maybe because it's such a silly consumer gimmick, or because it costs more than the average smelly smell-maker, or perhaps because I'm just not very fond of strong smelling things. (unless it is headed towards my mouth...) But Scentstories, when I first saw an add for it on tv, just made me laugh.

And so, in honour of a silly product, I bring you the naptime "sleepstories" of Plava.

She started out so sleepy, and yet we tiptoed around the house!


















She slept anywhere we put her for a while, then we established
her "amby baby" bed.


Eventually, we even got her sleeping in her crib, in her own room.










And then, for a while, she refused to sleep anywhere but here: (and because she is currently the only rascal that I have to chase around, I complied for a while)



With the odd snooze on mama and dada's bed:

















But these days she sleeps best tucked right into the covers, and for now, that's alright with me!

2 comments:

Stacy Kaye said...

She looks so different now than her early pictures...still just as gorgeous though!

Nancy said...

Hey, Laura! Congrats on having a "1000+ views" dot on your cluster map! Popular girl!

And, cute pics! It's like a flip book of her growing up. Sleeping babies are so peaceful, aren't they?