Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Citrus Honey BBQ Chicken, BABY!!!

If you don't mind being knocked out by a little lemon-lime punch, you'll LOVE this recipe. Made it the other night and devoured it quite rapidly.

Laura: "Oh, I could eat 10 of those lemony-limey chicken breasts!"

Ryan: "Could you finish mine? It's a little too much for my sensitive palate..."

Okay, so it's really quite powerful, but SO GOOD, in my opinion. If you're a little nervous about the strength of the thing, just marinade it for less time, or not even at all.

Well, without further ado....

Citrus Honey BBQ Chicken
juice of 4 limes
juice of 4 lemons
4 minced garlic cloves
3 tbsp of fresh, grated ginger
5 tbsp of fresh, scrumptious chopped cilantro
3 tbsp of honey
2 tbsp of tamari (I don't actually put this in the recipe, because I don't actually know what it is!)
2 tsp of sea salt
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
3 tbsp of cubed avacado (I put in a little more, just for fun)
half of a small, finely chopped onion
8 chicken thighs or 4 large breasts (....large breasts....that's what I like to use.....)

HAHA!

Combine first 11 ingredients, making sure honey dissolves. Marinade chicken for at least 3 hours, up to 24. Remove chicken from marinade, set aside liquid. Place chicken on hot greased grill (or in a frying pan, like me - you get more of the sauce in the end too), reduce the temperature to medium-low and grill until cooked through. Baste with reserved marinade throughout cooking, but do not baste during the final 10 minutes for food safety reasons.

And voila! Delicious! If you try it out, let me know what you think!

Enjoy.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I'm drooling! Can't wait to try it!

Nancy said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
I tried it!
I only had 20 minutes to cook, so I cubed the chicken, stirfried it, then added the sauce (with a whole avacado).

THEN....I put 2 cups of cooked rice in the pan, which soaked up all the sauce, and served it in wraps!

DELISH! Thanks for the recipe!

Laura and Ryan said...

Wooo! POW! That sounds awesome! Did Colin like it too, or is his palate a little sensitive too? :) (like Ryan's I mean)