Yes, I am. I'm a downright satisfied Dine-Out-Vancouver diner. I participated tonight, with my dear Ryan, my new sparkly shirt, and our friends, B & R, in the yearly event in which many a Vancouverite gets the chance to try out a ritzy restaurant for a little cheaper than normal.
Three courses, one beautiful experience.
Nu Restaurant is the one we chose out of over 150 or so that were available. It is situated just under the Granville Street Bridge, across the water from the Granville Island market. We arrived at sunset, and what a view it was. We sat in comfy spinable chairs (no, we didn't spin), sipped wine and classy juice (that means the juice was expensive), ate succulent appetizers of wine-poached pear salad with goat cheese, laughed and sipped some more, devoured a scrumptious dinner of crispy duck confit and pan seared wild salmon, glanced at the view, sipped a little more, and consumed the most delicate of desserts - caramel and chocolate macaroons with raspberry sauce. Mmmmm.
If you ever feel like spending a pretty penny but getting your money's worth in taste and ambiance, I recommend Nu. My goodness, I left that place satisfied.....and the service was great to boot.
And now it is time to re-enter the real world, the world of Wendy's and Swiss Chalet. The world of cotton shirts and sock feet. It was a sweet evening dipping into the world of class, and although I thoroughly enjoyed myself, it's nice to be home. Plava's in bed, Ryan's winding down, and I feel like turning in myself.
Until next time...
Toodles.
3 comments:
Was the portion size good? Nothing ticks me off more than having to stop at Wendys on the way home from a pricey meal.
Well, we anticipated small, artistically crafted meals - you know, lots of sauce splashed around on the plate, a tiny bit of meat, and a spring of something shooting straight upwards, but no, there was plenty of food! I actually left quite full! It was so good.
Sounds like fun! We wanted to do it but never got around to arranging it with friends! Maybe next year.
Post a Comment