Hmm. Say that out loud why don't you?

So I've thought about Lent quite a bit over the past year. I've thought back to my last year's sacrifice of all connection with computers, and have been reminded of how refreshing that was. Sure, I missed emailing and perusing blogs, but the benefits of having so much more time to read and relax really outweighed the loss of the blue glow.
This year, though, I don't feel as weighed down by the computer. I don't feel like the sacrifice would have the same impact. Instead, I turn to my insides. Yes, my innards.
I'm giving up something that may seem funny to you. Negative/Judgemental talk and gossip.
You may ask yourself, "Why just give it up for Lent?"
You may ask yourself, "Why did you wait until Lent to give it up?"
You may ask yourself, "Eeep! What does she think of me!!?"
(Which is precisely the kind of thing that I would think if I were reading this....)
Which brings us to the main problem in the first place!!! :D
I have a theory that people who are gossipers and judgemental of others are often paranoid about other people doing the same to them. In fact, I think in many cases, those who are judgemental are that way because of feeling judged themselves. Well, whether the chicken or the egg came first, I don't really know, but enough of that nonsense. I'm going to be cutting it out. Rather than, "That car is so ugly." I'm going to say, "That's very interesting taste."
So, on another note, I had a nice visit with a friend and her son, also one and a half like Plava. Cutie Petooties. Here they are having a snack together.
Little J was quite a gentleman, feeding Plava her juice and sharing his raisins with her.
And Plava obliged, opening her mouth when he brought the cup up to it and sharing her animal crackers.Toddler harmony. There aren't many things like it....
1 comment:
I think that's a great idea. I've never "done" lent, but I think that giving up a habit would be much harder, and more beneficial, than giving up a food.
Post a Comment