Monday, February 19, 2007

like a dog in the desert

So, once again (it seems), I sit in the computer room, having gotten out of bed thanks to lack of slumber-feelings. Why? I don't know. I didn't have coffee, or tea for that matter. I didn't really eat anything this evening......okay I had a small slice of lemon cake. SMALL though!

I even read for a while. That's usually a surefire way to get me sleepy, but no. I laid with my eyes closed at first, then open. Then a sigh, and a position shift. Then another sigh. Then I listened for a while to Ryan's slow, steady, sleepy breathing. Up I got. I'll have to blog myself to sleep.

I'm sick, again. Or still. It's been well over a month now. I don't think I ever got better, except in that brief period when I was on antibiotics. Fake health. I finished the bottle and the next day my right tonsil was sore again. The day after that it was worse. The following day I considered running into the open arms of the doctor once again, but the idea of getting MORE antibiotics was almost too much to bear. So bear it I did. The next day was great! I felt way better, and then the other tonsil started hurting.

Great. They're taking turns. How noble of them.

A few days later, they were both at it, simultaneously. I had given up hope of health by this time, and wondered how easily a tonsil infection can pass into other parts of my body and become really serious. I tried to be calm, rest a lot, not push myself too hard. And it started getting better. Aaaaah, finally, I'm coming out of it. It's a brand new day, and I'm feeling fine.

This morning I woke up with a splitting headache and sinus pain. You've got to be kidding me. Not only that, but my left tonsil is sore and swollen again. And my left nostril is running like a dog in the desert.

So, here I sit. I'm guessing that my ailing head is the cause of my lack of sleep. Pity me, will you? Send me some cyber-sympathy in the form of a comment!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm sorry you're sick. I hope you get better soon!

Will your doctor ever rethink the "age" thing, and rip those buggers out?

Stacy Kaye said...

I can feel your pain. This is similar to what I went through the end of December and entire month of January. Drugs helped, and then it got bad again. Eventually it finally went away but it took a LONG time and I had to force myself to take it easy. Sorry! I will be thinking of you!

Rhonda said...

Get those suckers yanked out! You'll be glad you did! (I am)

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I haven't had time to read your blog this last while, but read it today and think you are great with words! Great phrases and ideas, girlfriend.

I too have been sick for some time. I have been coughing for over 3 weeks (this followed by two earlier boughts of vomit flu) and show no sign of stopping. I have just finished antibiotics. You think it would help being married to a doctor, but the man has ZERO sympathy for sickness and keeps telling me to "stop it" or "when are you going to stop coughing" when I go into a fit. Sigh. I slept 12 hours last night and woke up feeling like I needed 12 more. I don't know what is going on, but when that killer flu hits one of these years, I can assure everyone, I will be one of the first to go!

I have, as a result, become addicted to Fisherman's Friends. Funnily enough, so has Nigel. If I am eating "candy" he wants one too. Now I buy two bags when I get one for my cough. I get him the cherry ones. Funny guy!

Cheers,
Mic