Wednesday, March 07, 2007

insomnia grips me

I don't know what's up. I've never had a problem sleeping before - at least not like this. But once again, here I am at 11:20 pm (ACK!), blogging.

In case you're wondering, I usually go to bed at 10:00 or 10:30. I know it's early, but the world is slowly being taken over by people like me who like to get a good night's sleep....so watch what you say.....even the trees are listening.


Hmmm, Narnia anyone?

So here I am. I'm in a state of mild procrastination as of late. Mild, because I'm in denial that I'm procrastinating and am still just saying that I "keep forgetting".

Plava needs to get her 18 month shots. We're already over a month late, not that it's really that important, but the longer I wait, the stronger she gets. In other words, if I wait much more I'm going to need Ryan to come and help me hold her down.
I don't look forward to that appointment. But it has to happen! And she won't need more for a while after this, so we can be happy about that.
(Plava picking at one of her bandaids after her 1 year shots)

Also, Ryan's birthday approaches. Yes, it's on the 20th and I have yet to come up with a brilliant gift idea for him. I think I've been telling myself that it's still a couple months away for quite some time now, but it's not anymore.
Also, there are SO many people that I have been neglecting in my social network. SO many people that I really want to get together with and see. If you suspect that you're one of them, YOU PROBABLY ARE!!! So give me a call or an email eh? Get me going! Lend me a helping hand to get my butt in gear!

I also have been procrastinating putting up a photo of the new doo. I have no good reason, except that every day I say to myself, "Maybe tomorrow will be a better hair-day. I'll wait to see and THEN take a picture." Bah! Enough of that! Tomorrow morning, I'll do it. Mark my words, people.


I know you're all sitting on the edge of your seats, waiting.


And lastly, a random item. I keep feeling like I have bugs crawling on my legs. Am I crazy? I mean, a number of times today I've looked down to see if there's something there, and there never is.


Eeep! I guess not finding anything is better than finding
something, right? Am I right?

Okay, off to try out sleep again. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Stacy Kaye said...

Hmmm...do you have the leg thing at night too? I have heard of this thing called restless leg syndrome. One of the symptoms is that crawly feeling. I know that it is also known to cause insomnia for some people. Maybe you want to check it out? Also, are we some of those people? Although perhaps we have been neglecting you as well. I think our last get together was in January? Our Spring break is coming up, which means we are free, free, free! Or perhaps you would like to just hang out with me again? That was fun when we did that. I'm game!

Laura and Ryan said...

The restless legs. No, actually, the bugs crawling on the legs was unrelated to my lack of sleep. It would happen when I was awake and up. BUT I have experienced the restless leg thing, during pregnancy mostly, but a little afterwards too. It's REALLY ANNOYING! It feels like you need to streeeeeeetch your legs again and again and again. There's no falling asleep when that happens.

Rhonda said...

I must admit, I have resorted to pills for my insomnia (that happens after years of shiftwork and making your body sick from forcing 12 hour nights) but it's just benadryl. Works beautifully for me (I take 2)but I have to be careful and use it sparingly, because it does make the insomnia worse if I make it a habit.