I'm sick of it, and yet I love it. It's taking all my time away from blogging, and yet it's fascinating. It's staring for long lengths of time at a computer screen, only to be rewarded by a quick note or two from friends.
It's Facebook, and it's killing me.
Okay, I'm being dramatic, but this thing has really sucked all my blogging motivation from me. I must apologize.
On a completely different note, WE HERE IN VANCOUVER ARE SO DANG HAPPY THAT THE CANUCKS WON THE GAME AND SERIES LAST NIGHT AGAINST THE DALLAS STARS. I wasn't at the game, no no. I was at a Damien Rice concert - thanks to G&T for the tickets. Nice concert, and nice to get a mid-concert update on the game, at which point the crowd hooted and hollered, and then returned to enjoying the music. Perhaps they enjoyed it more after hearing that we beat them 4-1. WOO!!
If you're not a Canadian, you may be wondering what I'm talking about. Or perhaps you're American and follow along a little. This is ice hockey, people, and it's the playoffs. It's pretty dang exciting.
On another note, the wee child is talking up a storm lately. And I don't use that expression lightly. She blabbered nearly constantly through breakfast this morning, mostly just repeating stuff like, "Hi Dada!" "Hi Mama!" "Sylfie! Come 'ere! MEAOW!!" Fun times.
On a very separate note, I do plan on finding my blogging inspiration again soon. I hope to write something rather meaningful, perhaps something that will bring a tear to your eye, or a sigh to your chest. I just don't know what it is yet. But boy, will it be good.
On yet another note, we're going to Banff this weekend. Woo!
4 comments:
That's so funny that you should mention Facebook because I felt about 106 the other day when someone asked me if I had a profile on there and I said, "What is Facebook" and the reply I got was, "It's like the big rage right now." Oops. Funny.
I'd just like to place credit where it is due. The Damien Rice concert was G's idea but the birthday tic was financed by G, G, A & T.
It was a good time.
T
Ah...Facebook. I have been asked to join so many times, but I refuse. Everyone I know that has joined says the same thing...it sucks up your time. What do you think Laura...is it worth it? I, for one, love your blogs and I say "Darn you Facebook! Bring back my Laura!"
Hurray to weekends away! Kev and I are heading to Seattle for a little rendevous this weekend as well. I love getting away from the norm.
Hey, sounds fun! Have a great weekend away!
As for facebook and whether it's worth it, hmmmmmm......I'd say that it is. I've reconnected with a bunch of people I've been out of contact with for years. Some, I haven't seen or had any communication with for over 10 years! It's crazy. But at the same time, it's addicting to try and see how many people you can find on there.
It takes some will power to not spend lots of time on it. That's the tough part. :)
Post a Comment