Aaaaaaaaaah. You know when you really have to pee but there's no bathroom around? You're dancing, sitting in any position that helps, and then the pains set in. Then finally, FINALLY, you find a bathroom and you walk out after doing your thing and it's like the world is all anew!! WEEE!!
Well, that's like me. Not with the bathroom though.
Here it is....
I'm pregnant!!! AAAAAAAAH. I think the day just got slightly sunnier.
Yes, if you've been wondering where the heck I've been for these past few months, I've been right here, itching to write about my pregnant self (which is so completely different than the pregnant self I knew before) and having my hands tied. AAAArg!!
How has it been? Awful. Horrible. I feel like a rookie.
No really. It's as if my body is saying, "Don't get too cocky there, Laura. You think you've done this before, well I've got news for you. You haven't got a clue."
Sassy little bugger, this body of mine.
So yeah, here's a quick recap and comparison of pregnancies:
Legend:
Plava's Pregnancy = PP
This Time = TT
PP-Not sick at all
TT-Feel like puking all day every day
PP-No problems sleeping
TT-Toss and turn, then wake up feeling unsatisfied
PP-Clear nasal passages
TT-Stuffy nose (this is quite common in pregnancy)
PP-Really really tired
TT-Tired, but manageable
PP-Craving weird things
TT-Want to each chocolate for every meal
PP-Disgusted with meat
TT-Bring on the steak
PP-Things taste SO GOOD
TT-Yes, yes, and yes. I love pregnancy taste buds!
PP-Didn't show at all in the first trimester
TT-I had to start wearing loose pants at 9 weeks
People often tell me that it must be a boy if I'm so sick. Who knows though? I'd be happy either way. I'm on the hunt for a good midwife at the moment (Eeep! A little late!) I had a really good experience with midwives last time, and would recommend them to ANYONE, even if you want to walk into the hospital and request all the drugs you can get. Hey, I got every last drug they offered with Plava's birth! Guilt? No way! Three days of labour, people? Try it yourself! :)
No, don't.
I'm obviously hoping for a shorter one this time. Won't be taking the castor oil potion that I took last time. Not a chance. No way. Nope dee dope. People sometimes joke with me and ask if I'll take it again. Deadpan is what they get. It's all I can do to keep from saying something naughty. Three days wasn't very funny at the time, and isn't too funny still. Although, I got what I wanted, didn't I? She arrived in the end!
The funny thing is, who really knows why it was that long? One of my midwives theorized that I just wasn't ready for labour and taking the potion jump started my body too early, thus leaving me to labour it out for that long. But I was also TERRIFIED of the whole "pushing" part, and I may very well have mentally held my body back. They say that there's a huge psychological aspect of labour that can really affect how things go. Who really knows though?!
Anyway, now you know! Yay for me! Yay for my belly!
5 comments:
YIPPPEEEEEE!!!!
I'm so happy for you guys!!! A family of FOUR? Can you believe it?
Go Laura!
Yay!!!
Congratulations...by the way, i was super sick and it was a boy:) So interesting how both pregnancies are so different! Maybe next time I can eat meat too!
And yay for your baby! We were thrilled when we found out and continue to be thrilled for you. We look forward to meeting the next little Koch.
I hope that your sickness soon abides and you can enjoy what I have been told is the Honeymoon of Pregnancy-the second trimester. I look forward to experiencing it some day!
Post a Comment