
Yes, life as we know it is about to change again. Ryan has quit his job and is done this Friday, and we're heading off to India to travel for the next two years.
HAH! I wish.
He DID quit his job. He's taken up a position elsewhere. It will be a good, healthy change I think. A slightly longer commute, but nothing too gruelling, and it will be against the flow of rush hour. That's a bonus.
A super great thing though, is that between jobs he's got a week and a half of free unemployed time! Woo hoo!!! That means what? That means we're going CAMPING! YEAH!
I'm really excited. It'll be our first camping trip of the year, and although we've had some baaaaad camping trips in our past, the last few ones have been good experiences and we're starting to get our outdoor confidence back. :)
In the past few weeks we've had quite the adventures. We've been stuck in a midnight traffic jam on the highway, sharing eerie moments with the cars around us as everyone turned off their cars and headlights and tried to snooze until things cleared up. What a strange feeling.
We've had some good times with friends, one night even staying up past midnight! Wooo! (This may not sound too thrilling for you, but let me tell you folks, we're pretty strict 10:30pm bed timers, so it was a WILD NIGHT!)
I've come to the decision to avoid certain streets in my neighbourhood when I'm out for a walk with Plava. The clincher was seeing a strange lookin' man wandering back and forth across the street following a woman pushing a stroller.
We've been busy busy busy helping put together the annual FUNFEST family fair that our church puts on every summer as a gift to the community. It's going to be a lot of fun! Face painting, bouncy castles, bungee runs, BBQ, Starbucks, live music, toddler zone, three legged and potato sack races, and the list goes on! I'm looking forward to it!
Plava is now talking in sentences! She's also singing full songs by herself and (glee!) she's starting to sing in tune! This was pretty exciting to hear the first time. Here she is singing and laughing through the "sleeping bunnies" song.

So yeah, it's been a fun and crazy few weeks since I last posted. No, I haven't run into my Morpheus masseuse again, but I hope to schedule a session with him in the near future. Haha.
For now then, I'm off to prepare for camping! Have a lovely rest of the week. It's supposed to be getting sunny again!
2 comments:
Have fun camping...where are you going? Also, congrats to Ryan on his new job. Although I think India would have been pretty fun!
I really thought that you were heading to India for a moment there!
Post a Comment