Friday, July 06, 2007

bests and worsts of pregnancy

best:
food tastes SO dang good.

worst:
you feel fat all the time.

best:
things smell really good and strong.

worst:
that includes bad smells too.

best:
people look at you and then look at your belly.

worst:
you're constantly wondering if they can tell you're actually pregnant.

best:
you get to wear some seriously cute clothes.

worst:
you have to give up those clothes after pregnancy.

best:
you feel kicks in your belly.

worst:
eventually, you have to pee every time the child moves.

best:
did I mention that food tastes REALLY good?

worst:
you actually aren't supposed to gorge yourself in food. it's still bad. and no, you're not really "eating for two". the second one you're feeding is full after a couple bites.

best:
you get a baby in the end!

worst:
......I don't think I have anything bad to say after that.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh yes, food does taste good. Especially a nice, big piece of chocolate cake slathered in cream cheese icing with a couple jelly belly beans on top. Oh, and some Moose tracks ice cream. Actually, make it macaroni & cheese....

Laura and Ryan said...

Hmmm, yeah those do sound good. My main cravings so far are hot dogs, fresh fruit and vegetables (I'm so happy it's fruit season!) and chocolate anything. Mmmm.

Nancy said...

For me it is fresh fruit, avacados, shellfish and sushi that taste especially good. And orange mocha light frappachinos.

I am in the "have to pee every time the child moves" stage, which was especially fun on the 9 day camping trip I just returned from.

Laura and Ryan said...

Oh yeah, I remember that stage. Fun times. Hey, not to be a mother or anything, but did you know you're supposed to stay away from shellfish when you're pregnant? Or perhaps you just WANT to eat it?

I don't have that problem myself because I'm not much of a seafood person in the first place. No thank you!