Saturday, December 08, 2007

life is gooooood

Wow. Amazing how good life is right now. We're in one of those "Aaaaah this is wonderful!!" times.

Pito is a charm. She is, thankfully, a very calm baby so far. Laid back, doesn't do much but sleep (what more could I ask for?) and although she has an explosive cry that keeps us on our toes, she has been very easy so far. I couldn't be more thankful.

Plava has taken to her marvelously. We weren't sure how it would pan out when Pito actually arrived. We suspected there would be some jealousy, perhaps some attention-getting ploys, a little sass maybe, but no! She has been great! She's quite taken with little Pito, and for the most part, our biggest challenge is to keep her from MALLING the baby with love.

Plava, you see, has a certain way of letting out her affection that has a bit of an aggressive edge to it. It's actually funny to watch, because it reminds me EXACTLY of my sister Anna when she was little. She grits her teeth, clenches her jaw, and thrusts her lower jaw forward. She then lunges at her object of adoration (...usually either Pito, Ryan, or my boobs, which she has a great love for LONG after weaning has passed). She is actually quite gentle when she makes contact, but it LOOKS like she's going to tear a piece of flesh off you. It's quite frightening actually.

The only change we've really seen is at bedtime. There are real tears now instead of fake crying and naughty tactics to keep herself out of bed. She cries like the world will end and when one of us goes in to see what the matter is, she simply wants the blanket pulled up further on her body, or the door opened "just a little bit" (demonstrated with her fingers), or she would like us to tell her a story. :) A sad change, but overall she has actually really improved her behavior at bedtime, so we can't really complain. We can just keep offering her the love she needs.

So yes, things are rosy. I'm almost recovered now - a very short 9 days later! - and am feeling more myself everyday. Again, I couldn't be more thankful! What a stark contrast against the last time I went through giving birth!!

Anyway, I'll leave it at this. Things are great! We are loving having two cute little girls! There are certainly more challenging times to come, but now is bliss. So it's now that I'll enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! It makes me want to have another... perhaps a little girl this time. ;-)