Thursday, February 14, 2008

fears.

Irrational or not, here are some of my fears:

Getting a bee stuck in my messy, matted hair. (It happened once when I was a kid - don't laugh.)

Closing my eyes in the shower. (I've seen too many movies where a bad guy sneaks up on a woman in the shower.)

Walking down open stairs into a dark basement. (You know the kind that are just open so that someone standing under them could reach out and grab your ankle?)

Eating shellfish - specifically crab. (It's just gross - they're bottom feeders! The garbage collectors of the ocean!!)

Being stuck in a car that is sinking to the bottom of a body of water.

Going into my daughter's bedroom in the morning to find her missing.

People doing things to my neck. (Seriously, I get queasy when the chiropractor has to adjust it, or when someone is massaging it. I want to throw up.)

Looking naive.

Cleaning up my bedroom, picking up clothes, and having a mouse run out from underneath. (Okay, so this once happened to me too...)

Aaaah, there we go!! A list of fears. So, what are yours, readers? Let me have it!

5 comments:

Stacy Kaye said...

Oh! When we were in Florida in December for our cruise I was swimming in the pool at our hotel. I felt a bee land on my hair so I ducked under the water for a bit. When I came up I ran my hands down my hair to wring it out and the bee was still there and it STUNG me in the palm of my hand! OUCH! It hurt for days!!

Mama Bear said...

1)BIG spiders
2)psychotic killers
3)BIG fuzzy spiders
4)flying (though, i still do it with the help of gravol or sometimes wine)
5)Being a spinster and dying a lonely death in my little house where nobody will find my body for days or weeks
6)BIG fuzzy bird-eating spiders
7)snakes
8)growing old
9)BIG fuzzy bird-eating, kill you with one bite and leave you for dead spiders
10)spiders the size of dinner plates

Anonymous said...

I had a fear of a big bug flying in my ear, and since that has happened I don't worry about that anymore. I used to fear being homeless because I felt so close to it at times. I also feared being alone for the rest of my life while my family moved on with all of their families. Since meeting my partner these last two fears have fled. Now I fear being a housewife and a mom and getting frustrated with lack of time for myself and my career. Crazy! Sometimes I fear losing contact with my family being so far away. Mic.

Rhonda said...

My fears are pretty much all insect-related, like sleeping in a cabin with an insect "nest" above your head (happened last year)... and of course, all the usual fears like drowning or finding a snake in the toilet.

Nancy said...

Funny thing. Colin and I were talking about this 30 minutes ago!

1. Spiders. Especially big brown meaty ones that are on a pile of laundry in your bedroom or big (in BC terms) 3 inch wide black ones that are sitting on the book on your bed headboard.
2. My neighbourhood being involved in a world war.
3. My backyard trees falling onto us during a windstorm while we're sleeping.
4. Bad things (the list it too long to include) happening to family or friends.
5. Something bad happening to me while I'm with Nathan and he'll be alone crying for hours and hours until someone finds him.
6. Feet.
7. Swimming in deep ocean water, and the big nasties lurking below.
8. Having a gun pointed at me (happened to me once).
9. Also afraid of shower scenes...

I'll stop there. I could go on. I guess you could say I'm pretty paranoid!