Sunday, February 24, 2008

Saltspring Island

We went on a mini holiday last weekend to Saltspring Island.

It was beautiful!

We stayed in a two bedroom cabin on a lake with my sister Teresa, brother-in-law Gregg, and their two kids, F and E.

It was rather close quarters with three toddlers and a baby, but it was a good time in spite of it all. It was cold and a little rainy, but we got outside and took advantage of the days!

Canoe rides and perusing the town during the day and hot tub soaks and warm fires in the living room in the evenings. I think we might have to go back....

"Going on a trip!!!" The girls on the ferry.

The view from our cabin.

The girls checking out the boats.

Little E and Teresa, in the rain.

Me with Pito in the sling, checking out the lake. It was so serene.

On an island-exploring drive.

The scenery was beautiful.

We saw some miniature ponies.

Unfortunately, Plava missed them completely.

But she certainly didn't miss out on the three-way horsey ride from her Uncle Gregg!
Here, E gets a little story time with his dad.

And Pito gets a little smiley time with hers.

While Plava and F play with the bumbo.

Three of the four kiddles.

Three of the four adults, after the kiddles are in bed.

On the last day, we took a canoe out.

As did Teresa, Gregg, F and E.

Plava had one last swing ride...

We relaxed a little more in the cabin...

...had naps, and then headed home.

A great weekend!!!

7 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Great photos, laura! I love F's little frog boots. So cute!

Ann Tk said...

I agree with Shelley. Those are great photos with a lot of warmth.
Such cute little children....and not bad looking grownups, too. :-)

Stacy Kaye said...

Looks like great fun! Good for you guys getting away! That is inspiring!

Anonymous said...

WOW>>>what a change since I last saw pics of the kiddies! Longer hair, bigger, more mature! Wow, I am stunned! I can't wait to see them again! Laura, the picture of you...you look SOOOO young!
Mic

Anonymous said...

I think little F looks like a cross between mom as a youngster (nana) and Jess Bell as a youngster (could be the glasses).
Mic

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures Laura! You are a great photographer!

Anonymous said...

Whoops, sorry, that comment was from me: Karen Dykstra!