Friday, March 07, 2008

babies galore!!

Today I saw some old friends. "Old" is a funny term. They're actually just friends from no longer than 2 years ago but who I moved a distance away from.

We all got together this morning for a pancake party. It was great. Just like old times.


Except we never had a pancake party back then, that I remember at least. And there we
re twice as many people there than before.

Why twice as many? Because every single one of those girls has had a baby since I moved away.

It was a pancake party of cuteness, people! CUTENESS TO THE MAX.



Look at all the mother-ness around the table.

...and the attention-deprived Plava tugging on my legs. =)

(Let me just interject that the lovely lady in green is not holding her own baby. That is Pito that she's holding. She is most excitedly expecting her first baby in a few short weeks.)

Here's one of our pairs (please note the major cuteness).

The two boys at the party, lookin' for trouble.

...and no baby pancake party would be complete without the famous "line-up" picture.
(Yes, that's Pito screaming.)

...which is slightly reminiscent of this moment last summer.
(Yes, that is Plava screaming.)

But thankfully that sad moment really was just a moment. Then they all perked up (thanks to one of the moms singing a song for them all) and we got a handful of nice shots, this one being the best.

Let's hear it people, all in unison now....

AAAAAAAAW!!!



5 comments:

Rhonda said...

This was so awesome! We have to do this again for sure.

Anonymous said...

Laura,
The fourth picture down of "Pito" reminds me of a baby picture that we have of Michal (I think)
Amazing!

Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Pito and Plava look eerily similar in those two unhappy pictures!! Right down to the yellow shirts and pink pants!! How funny!!

Karen Dykstra

Laura and Ryan said...

You know, I didn't even notice they were dressed alike. That IS funny!

Laura and Ryan said...

Actually, it reminds me of a series of shots of me as a baby laughing at a vase of flowers. I should look at those again to see how similar we look!