Thursday, March 20, 2008

latest painting

It's Ryan's birthday today, and for a present, I decided to paint him a new painting for his office at work. He's been wanting one of my paintings for work for some time now and recently started talking about taking one of my favorites off our wall....!!

So, secretly, I managed to find some time during naps and evenings when he was out to paint. Sometimes it went great. The kids slept, the creativity flowed.

Other times, it was a little more of a struggle and I needed to improvise.

(I'd like to point out that I've got my little stack of crackers and cheese there on the piano bench. Yes, and I'm a classy artist. I use a plate for a palate and a piano for an easel.)

But I'm happy with the finished product, and so is Ryan!! Happy birthday, RYAN!!


5 comments:

Stacy Kaye said...

You have such talent! Some day when we own a home I can't wait to buy one of your paintings...maybe even a custom one just for our home! I invision it sitting on our fireplace mantel. It's going ot be so beautiful!

On a side note...you know what would be amazing? If one time when you are painting you take photos as you go and post them on your blog so we can see how it goes from being a blank canvas into being such a beautiful work of art.

Anonymous said...

I love your art!! I'll definately be investing in some of it once we get settled into a permanent place again in a year or so!!

Karen Dykstra

Anonymous said...

Beauty Laura!!

Anonymous said...

from Teresa

Mama Bear said...

BEAUTIFUL, laura! i love it!!