Thursday, March 05, 2009

Small Ritual Coffee Society

The church I'm a part of (a super funky and varied group of people), for well over a year now, has been exploring, researching, planning, budgeting, inquiring, and brainstorming the idea of opening a coffee house.

Now, this is no ordinary coffee house idea. In fact, calling it a 'coffee house' would really be oversimplifying things. Instead, it might be called a community "third place"(neither work nor home, nor connected to either) run almost entirely by volunteers, encouraging and displaying and being a public venue for musicians, artists, poets (etc.etc...), opening its doors to mom's groups, book clubs, philosophers' cafes (etc.etc...), and running (in all possible and feasible ways) respectfully towards the environment and ethically, utilizing as many community partnerships as possible.

Sound interesting? I THINK SO!!

The name? Small Ritual Coffee Society.

The reason? To live out our calling to live and be in the world we're placed in, living out the enjoyment of relationships, bringing community together, being a source of good things (coffee, conversation, friendship), and CARING FOR PEOPLE in a real life setting.

The location? South Surrey/White Rock, BC, CANADA

I am so excited!!!

2 comments:

Mama Bear said...

i.dig.it.

Anonymous said...

This is SO cool. Love the idea. I am going to send this link to my sister and brother in law who live in surrey. They will dig it too I am sure.