Okay, okay okay!!! I have NOT fallen off the Spent bandwagon!! Let me just announce that!! I am really hoping to post some updates, but my goodness!! Life has taken a sharp turn!
Okay, that sounded really dramatic. To get to the point, we put our house up for sale, and POOF!! Just like that, it was sold!! And just like that, we need to move out in 4 weeks. Yes, that is very soon.
SO, the house hunt is on, and so is the packing. I should be doing that right now, which is why I'm going to be brief.
Spent- we're doing GREAT with it. I'm starting to lose some serious poundage which is quite an exciting side-effect, and we're still feeling really good. Eating has changed so much. I still want sugary things sometimes, especially in the evening, which was always a weak time for my sweet tooth, but I'm handling it really well, if I do say so myself. I'm finding different things to eat when I crave sweets. I eat a mango, or half a banana (only half because bananas have enough sugar in them that they shouldn't be eaten too often), or a handful of nut mixture with dates (yes, dates! They are really sweet, and totally fine!). Also, I'm trying to drink water like crazy. Partly because I know I need to, and partly because, well, I'm actually wanting it more. I'm not sure if it has to do with the new way of eating or the warm weather lately or what, but I actually feel thirsty quite often. Right now, actually.
So, we have not been able to read the book every evening like we had before. In fact, I think we've only done 3 "days" since the last post. I'll very briefly describe them, and will try and revisit them soon in more detail.
1 - Lose gluten. Yes, all gluten - all wheat, rye and barley products. Look it up. It's a toughie. :)
2 - Do the chair supported savasana, sometimes.
3 - The third day was just pretty much a reminder to keep going on all the things you've been doing. :)
Okay, so they were pretty easy days to go through, but all in all, we're still keeping up all the stuff we have started, and are still feeling good. I haven't noticed any changes since giving up gluten, but I think that we inadvertently gave most of it up before we got to that day.
Okay, gotta pack!! Happy un-Spent-ing!!!
5 comments:
whoa! Talk about a quick sale! 4 weeks and you're moving to...where? WILL YOU HAVE A HOME?
Congrats on selling the house!! Very happy for you!!
Karen Dykstra
Congrats on the sale! I guess it was the right timing! Are you looking to stay nearby?
Woah! What a whirlwind. I am glad you posted more of Spent! I just ordered it last night while Nigel ordered one that told him to eat more meat!
I had more energy the few days I was following it, but had a crash (literally felt faint) because I think I was being too extreme. I need more protein than I was getting. But I did feel surprisingly light and energetic up until then.
Michal
Yeah, it's a delicate balance being extreme without being TOO extreme. It's worth getting the book because it says SO much more than I do here, background on the reasons for cutting things out or adding them, and the progress that happens, while drastic, isn't an "all at once" kind of thing. :) Glad you're getting the book!! (This guy should pay me...)
Post a Comment