This summer has been wrought with excitement, too much to do, sickness, birthdays, expectations, and a whole lot of sun!! We're heading out this weekend for our last (I think....?) summer getaway to Kelowna for a family reunion. We'll be camping in....
OUR NEW VAN!!!! (I imagined that being said just like in a cheesy TV game show.)
(that's a super-ultra-cute Japanese way of saying "Ta-da!" - appropriate because it's a picture of our super-ultra-cute Japanese import.)
WE ARE QUITE EXCITED ABOUT OUR NEW DELICA. WE HAVE NAMED HER VICKY, IN HONOUR OF OUR FIRST LITTLE PUNY CAR IN JAPAN, WHICH ACTUALLY WAS A "VICKY" - THAT WAS THE MAKE. WEIRD.
Enough of that caps lock. I think you can tell I'm excited.
So you can see that we took it camping. We went to Allouette Lake for a few nights with some friends, and had a lovely time in spite of Pito being in a "dirty, eugh" phase.
Other summer excitement - we had Plava's 4th birthday party!! I was a GREAT day. I invited a spattering of people that Plava loves:
some neighbours
and a whole bunch of family.
If you don't believe me, just ask Pito.
I've started my new job doing the bookkeeping for Small Ritual Coffee, the coffee house our church just opened up. This place is awesome, people. Awesome. There are already two or three nights a week that we have live music, and the place is packed out! There's local art on the walls (for sale), nice people, really good coffee, and a serious excitement in the place. (or is that just me??) As for the job, it's good. I feel like I have a buttload of things to get done in a very small amount of time every week, but I'm hoping those things get smoothed out over the coming few months as I get into a rhythm. MAN, between this, the bookkeeping for church, doing various things around the house...
LIKE RE-GROUTING THE BATHROOM (check out that hot handy-lady!!)
I'm doing alright though. I've decided that in light of the cancellation of Plava's preschool, and the lack of space anywhere else, and her temperment, and after a lot of thought, I'm going to try my hand at a little preschool homeschooling this year. I've got a great book that leads a parent through teaching a child to read, and I really think Plava is ready for it. I'm also going to be signing her up for another little dance class, something that she's now asking for and excited about. I hope that she loves it. :)
Well, a couple weeks left of this crazy summer! I admit I'm looking forward to the fall. I look forward to being a little more scheduled and planning my weeks a little better. I look forward to autumn, my FAVOURITE time of year. I look forward to (finally) planning our housewarming openhouse for friends and family. I look forward to spending days with these two little monkeys!!
3 comments:
Laura, sorry to hear you aren't feeling well but I have to say that you LOOK fantastic! Really!
Vicky is pretty sweet! Can't wait to see the insides!! Good work on the Bakerella pops!! I can't even imagine the work they take, but I'm glad Plava loved them! Make is worth it, for sure! Can't wait til your housewarming...but still would love to make it out there for a visit sooner than later!!
Stacy, thanks for saying so. I appreciate it! :) Andrea, we're loving the van! And we'd love to have you over to hang out soon. I'll email you.
Post a Comment