Monday, November 30, 2009

the baby turns 2

Today is Pito's birthday!! I can hardly believe it, but she's actually reached her 2nd birthday. Part of my disbelief is the usual sentiment, "how did that happen so fast?", and the other part is, "how did she manage to make it through her second year so smoothly?". This is the child without fear, after all. Determined to do exactly what she wants exactly how she wants.

Yes, she is rather headstrong. I must admit that I find it hilarious and totally satisfying to see how powerful her little will is. It helps that she has quite a sense of humour too, to smooth out the tension.

So, she's two! We had a nice little gathering in her honour yesterday night. Family and a few friends came and had dinner, gave gifts, and enjoyed a big heart-shaped polka-dotted cake, made by Pito's not-so-talented-in-the-baking-arena-but-has-great-aspirations mother. I think the cake was rather tasty.

Here are some pictures of the event.

Pito and her friend, R, watch for the next guests.

The kids with their dinner.

The little birthday lady herself, covered in Grandma's yummy chili.

Opening presents - she managed to squeak out a "tank-tyou" after every present.

Although she's quite happy to have a good measure of attention on herself, the cake moment was a little much for her. All the kids helped to blow them out (with a surprising lack of flying spit!!)

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

aw, so fun! happy birthday pito!!