- scoring an awesome family vacation in Palm Springs for a fraction of the price thanks to a conference Ryan went to while we were there.
- Ryan's most un-fun birthday EVER, on said vacation, largely due to overtired and unreasonable children. (see photo of Plava showing us with her body just how NOT into the minigolf game she was. this was after about 3 previous screaming tantrums while Pito just kept grabbing our putters and making a run for it.
- my big 3-0 birthday
- a super-fun getaway to the Great Wolf Lodge with the Koch family.
- being involved in the opening of a super-cool coffee house in White Rock.
- getting really healthy, then letting it go.
- taking on a third job (for said coffee house), and I include the full-time stay-at-home-but-mostly-actually-be-not-at-home job of MOTHER as one of those three jobs.
- discovering I have limits.
- discovering that I have a low blood pressure problem that is exasperated by stress.
- discovering how absolutely NOT fun it is to have to relieve oneself on the side of the road due to a very low blood pressure attack, right in front of the super unique and cool van that everyone wants to slow down and look at as they pass.
- feeling like I had no assurance of staying conscious throughout many weeks and trying to figure out what on earth was wrong with me.
- resigning from that third job.
- discovering HOW WONDERFUL a naturopathic doctor can be.
- learning that I have a hard time saying no, or not jumping in when there's work to be done.
- discovering that which I always dreaded: those extra long hairs north of my mouth and south of my nose. BRING ON THE WAX.
- speaking of wax, having my first bikini one!!
- rediscovering how much I love my husband.
- discovering the joy of being with my little family, and the release that they bring to my anxious brain.
It's been a year of ups and downs, and has certainly been a wild ride the WHOLE time. I'm looking forward to what 2010 brings. May it be rich with love and peace and challenge that makes me stronger.
3 comments:
What a great read, Laura! I'm thrilled to hear you're having success with a naturopath! YEAH! :)
Very wonderful! And only your FIRST bikini wax?? You are a great mother, a great wife, and an inspiration to many...keep it up!
I have often looked at you and thought, she is a woman that does what God asks of her...I hope to do the same!
Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!
Post a Comment