Thursday, January 19, 2006

"Plava"?


Yes, Plava. You may think that it's a strange sounding nickname. Well, it is. When we were still expecting, we really couldn't think of a name for the baby. We knew we were having a girl, but we just couldn't decide on anything. I tended to like more classic names and Ryan liked more up to date, unusual names. Then one night Ryan had a dream. He dreamt that he was at work, and had missed the delivery. I came to show him the baby at his office and he asked me what I had named her. I said that I had named her "Plava" because his mother had told me to. He was a little upset in the dream because he didn't really like the name, and evidently I didn't either. But Plava it was!

It was funny to hear people's opinions of the name. Some people laughed outright, some thought we should look up the meaning and find out if there was any significance to the dream, and others thought we really should name her Plava.

Alas, it has remained a good nickname for times like this. I'm just happy to report that she's having a nice, deep-sleepin' nap right now. Sleep, little Plava, sleep.

No comments: