Monday, February 27, 2006

bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, and waving!

Well I feel superb today. I had a good night's sleep, thanks to Plava taking a turn for the best in her sleeping. I was only up once last night!!! It was glorious. I hope this sleeping thing sticks around for a while.

Our little fam-damily was over for an evening at my parents/sister & brother-in-law's house last night. A lovely time, and Plava had a great time entertaining Grandma and Grampa, hanging out with her big cousin, F, who's 4 months older than her, and eyeing her uncle-to-be, N. All was going as usual with Plava, who spent most of dinnertime sitting on a blanket on the floor in front of a big mirror, playing with her cousin's rattles and toys. Then a little while later while her Grandma was holding her, she looked into the mirror and waved! At first we thought it might just be our imaginations, that she was just doing her usual arm-flails, then we looked again at her little hand and it was opening and closing, opening and closing! I think her proud parents were the most thrilled with it, them not already living with little F who's almost walking already(!!), and not to mention they had been waving at her like dorks for a good few months leading up to this first wave, but boy, what a moment! It's amazing how proud we can be of the smallest little thing.

That's it then! She's learned her first party trick! Woo hooo!!!!

No comments: