Friday, February 24, 2006

sleepy japanese

I remember a peculiar thing in Japan. Japanese people can sleep anywhere. I mean, anywhere. I had kids sleeping in class. I saw people sleeping on the train - and not only sitting, but standing too. I saw people sleeping in every place you can imagine. It's a talent, I think, to learn how to fall asleep anywhere. It's pretty impressive. Following are a couple shots (not my own) of some Japanese sleepers.








3 comments:

Adrienne Dawn said...

Those were hilarious!

Stacy Kaye said...

I wonder why they are so sleepy?

Laura and Ryan said...

Anyone you ask will say that it's because they work so hard. And they do! But I've wondered long and hard about how easily I'd plunk myself down in the middle of a packed train-car to sleep, no matter how hard I had worked that day...

The funny thing is that the sleepers really won't wake up. Sometimes you have to really push to get by them!