Yeah, that's right, 4th row. And that's not the 4th row on the balcony! I can't tell you how excited Ryan and I were to be given these tickets through his work! There we were, sitting close enough to the ice that we could read "Auldy" on the back of Alex's helmet.
I love being at hockey games. There's something so much more exciting about being in the actual arena when it's all going on than in front of the tv. The cool air on your neck, the smell of beer and hot dogs swirling around you, and the loudmouths yelling "HEY BERTUZZI!! YOU'RE FAT!!!" sitting directly behind you, bits of peanuts flying out of their mouth into your hair. Aaaaah, there's nothing quite like it.
But really, the 4th row was quite amazing. It was a different experience to actually watch the players' faces as they zoomed by. I even got a wink from one of the Sedins. Haha, just kidding.
What a great experience. I think Ryan can attest to the fact that for the first thirty minutes of us sitting there, I couldn't wipe the goofy grin off my face. I was having a great time.
We, or as Ryan would prefer me to say, the Canucks, won the game. Yeah, it was like the cherry on top. With how badly they've performed this season, it was a treat to be at a winning game. Sadly though, they've snuffed out the flame officially and are out of the playoffs. My hope got shot to the ground earlier this month when the pre-playoff games (isn't there a term for that?- regular season maybe?) were on the countdown and we "needed to win all of them to qualify". I knew there was little hope. I was realistic. That didn't keep me from watching the games, hands in a knot, hoping hoping hoping that we'd score. It seemed after a while that after every game I had this awful, pit in the stomach, aggravated feeling that left me in a bad mood. They kept losing. Ryan was no better. One minute he'd be smiling, excitedly cheering them on, and the next he'd be shaking his head saying "they're useless....it's pathetic". It became a bit of a joke between us.
Ah well, they're out of the playoffs. We'll live on. I certainly will. I even admit that I'm relieved to not have to go through the emotions of watching them play anymore!!! There's always next season, and heck, there's always "PRISON BREAK" to watch, and that Michael Scofield is better to watch than Bertuzzi any day.
1 comment:
Ha ha! I laughed at your comment about "We won the game." EVERY time I think or hear someone say "We won" referring to the Canucks I think of Ryan and remember him saying that "we" are not a part of the team the night we were at your house! We also lucked out and got to go to a game this year, on March 31st. We were row 15, not 4 but it was still pretty good! Unfortunately, "we" lost when we went, but we did get to see a shootout, which was exciting!
Post a Comment