Tuesday, May 30, 2006

12 long ones

Okay, I just have to tell you.

12 hours.

Yes, 12.

I woke up at 7:00, looked at the clock, threw my hands up in the air, whispered, "YESSSSSSSS", and lay back down for another half hour before she woke up.

Oh, my body and brain haven't felt this rested in months! Not even recently when she slept through the night for a couple weeks - it was just that she wasn't waking up in the middle of the night. She still woke up around 5. But last night, oh my goodness. I don't think I even turned over. I slept so well.

I don't think I ever could have appreciated sleep as much as I do now if I didn't have a baby who for the past 10 months has kept me from sleeping soundly throughout the whole night. It's just as they say, that you appreciate things so much more when they're taken from you.

Well, I'm not going to assume it will continue. No, I'll just take it as a treat - those 12 hours.

Heavenly....

3 comments:

Stacy Kaye said...

YIPEE! That's amazing! I will pray that it is a repeat occurance tonight!

Michal said...

So....is it continuing?

Laura and Ryan said...

Well, last night (the night after this post) was alright - her mouth was hurting so she woke up a couple times in the evening, but then slept through until 5:30. I can't complain!!