Thursday, June 15, 2006

horrible dream

Wow, what a nightmare I had last night.

I was in my car, with Plava in the back in her carseat. For some reason, something to do with the motor vehicle branch that was issuing me a new driver's license, I needed to remove a couple road signs from the highway and then I'd qualify for this new license. (random? yes.)


So it was raining cats and dogs, and I stopped the car on the side of the highway, got out, and was using a screwdriver to unscrew the signs from their posts, when I suddenly noticed that the car was starting to roll. I dropped the screwdriver and started running after the quickly accelerating car. I missed it, and it rolled down the edge of a small ravine and into a river below. It was in a pool that was really deep, but I could still see the car, and it stopped falling. I screamed that my baby was in there and told a man who stopped to call 911. I stood at the top of the ravine looking down, trying to figure out if I could get her out myself. The worst thing about it though, was that I just stood there saying to myself, "I don't think I can do it." My dad even showed up, and casually asked, "well, are you going to do anything?" "I don't think I can do it." I replied again. And then I woke up.

AAAAH!! I was so shaken! Plava happened to wake up moments later, so I got a little snuggle time and then put her back to bed, but what a horrible dream. I had a hard time getting back to sleep.

When I woke up in the morning I felt much better. I was happy when I heard Plava wake up and start chatting in her crib, and enjoyed bringing her into bed with us even more than I normally do! She was quite a little goof this morning, turning over and twisting around to see my belly button (and kiss it, of course) and to play with Ryan's face. Her big cheesy smile and chatting made me feel so much better after that dream.

Thank goodness the day has arrived!

2 comments:

Stacy Kaye said...

My mom and I were just talking about dreams like that last night. The other night I had such a scary dream about my little brother that I actually CALLED him at 2:30 in the morning to make sure he was all right. He was, of course, but nothing other than hearing his voice was going to make me feel better. My mom was telling me about a dream she had about my little sister when she was very young. She dreamed that Candace had drowned and she was so shaken that she said she went and sat by my sister's bed and prayed for her for the rest of the night. Dreams can have quite the impact.

Anonymous said...

Oh Laura that's horrible! I have had a few dreams like that and they are so frightening. Some of the dreams are so disturbing that I can't even believe I could imagine certain things. Even when you wake up you still have shakes and then you can't go back to sleep for fear of it re-appearing.

Remember it was only a dream :)

~Share~