Wednesday, August 30, 2006

la pluie

It rained today.

AAaaaaah, heaven. I love it. I love love love it.


It's been hot this summer.

It started in June, even, with the sun scorching down on us, keeping me in the shade, indoors, and in air conditioned places.


Wimp?


No way.

I lived through TWO (count 'em) summers in Japan, and that is not pleasant.


But these days I seem to have very little tolerance for over-heating.

So I stay in the shade, and try not to move much.


(I've heard that in extremely hot situations, even the muscle movement of fanning yourself with a paper can produce more heat in a body than the cooling of the fan.)

So there I sit on those hot days, sweating, still like a statue.

But today, oh heavens, it was cool!


And it rained - hard at times!

I loved it!

I wore flip-flops and a t-shirt and allowed my toes to lap up the breeze!

Delicious.

1 comment:

Stacy Kaye said...

I love the rain in the summer because it totally cleans out the air and I feel like I can breathe again. Then, come winter, it seems that I am always wishing for the sun again! I am hard to please I guess! Some days I will get used to these Lower Mainland winters.