And sleep we did. The radio turned on at 6:45, and Plava woke up shortly thereafter, playing with my and Ryan's faces, and cooing "Dada" and "Mama" and her latest, "Dama". (I guess she thinks she can combine the two words)
Up we got at 7:30, after a little snuggle and short play time, and as Ryan had a shower, I asked Plava if she wanted to brush her teeth. "UUUuH!" She responded (an obvious yes) and so I handed her the little baby toothbrush that now sits with our big mama and dada toothbrushes. She knawed and chewed, and I brushed my own teeth.
We then wandered downstairs, Ryan telling me how happy he was that it was Friday - and a long weekend at that! We chatted about the day, and gave Plava some Cheerios, of which she requested more and more, and by the time she was through with breakfast I'm sure she had eaten 200 of the little suckers. And a couple peas. I didn't give her yogurt, however, since she's made a habit of covering herself and anything within her reach with the stuff.
Ryan left for work, I scratched my way through a song I wrote a few years back (which I was having a hard time remembering) on the piano, and Plava munched away behind me on her 200 Cheerios, singing and clapping along to the music.The weather outside is sunny, and it promises to be a good day. I'm taking Plava to the mall to buy her birthday present, and making her first birthday cake for the party we're having tomorrow.
I can't wait to make it. I've looked forward to making my kids' birthday cakes for so long, and now I get to finally do it! It's going to be in the shape of a flower (provided it turns out!) I'll definitely post some photos of the cake and the festivities after tomorrow.
Until then, have a great day everyone, and be safe on the long weekend.
3 comments:
Sounds like Plava has inherited the music bug from her parents! Someday you'll be singing as a family!
Hey, who is taller? Cousin F or Plava. I suppose Plava is still a bit younger.
Yes, F is taller than Plava. We can only just tell though, because Plava's started pulling up to standing.
Post a Comment