Friday, September 15, 2006

the import



So, Ryan and I are looking into importing a Japanese van. The one in the video above is one of the 3 we're considering. It's the Suzuki "Every".

Don't laugh, "Every" is a perfectly suitable name for this little puppy. It could imply that "every-body likes it", or "every-body wants to ride in it", or even "every-body will be jealous of you if you're driving it".

The one we're actually considering is the 1991 version though, not the very one in the video. This is the 1991:


Another one we're looking at is the Subaru "Sambar".

(Can I import that guy too?)

These two are seriously cheap on gas, light, zippy, and seat 4 people. And importing them is cheap to boot.

Then there's the slightly tougher looking van. The Mitsubishi Delica:

Well hello there.... Yeah, I think I'll just take the van this time.

The Delica is a 7-seater, a tougher van, and deisel, as opposed to the other ones which are gassy.

So, this is your chance to shout out your opinion, folks! Which one do you like best? And by that, I mean, even if you don't like any of them, which one would you choose if you were forced to have one? :)

7 comments:

Dan said...

I would select the model with the short shorts. He is sooooo hot!

Seriously, they're all really cool. I definitely like the retro look of the Sambar, though. I have absolutely no mechanical wisdom to share so I'm going purely on aesthetics.

Anonymous said...

Looks like the "EVERY" would be at the top of my list!

Ryan said...

That's awesome. Japanese vans rock. I'm not sure if I could do right-hand drive though. I suppose you'd get used to it, but it would suck for any keypad underground parking entries (like ours).

Laura and Ryan said...

Yeah, or drive throughs. But isn't it the coolest to drive by a car that's a RHD? Don't you think, "wow, those people are so hip"....?

:)

Anonymous said...

THose pics made me laugh!!

Teresa

Stacy Kaye said...

The Every has my vote. I could have been swayed by that zippy commercial though! If you bought it I would definitely want to go for a ride!

Nancy said...

I can't see the video on my computer, so my vote excludes it. I'd go for the delica, just because it looks like a hip van trying to be tough! Love it!