Friday, November 17, 2006

a toast....to toast

This morning was a special morning. It was a morning that I wandered into, quite unaware of the wonders that awaited. It was a morning for toast.

Upon arriving, Plava on my hip, down in the kitchen, I found that the Cheerios were nearly gone. Them being such a favourite of little Plav, I decided not to have any and instead to have toast.

Toast is quite the treat, in my world. I know it sounds boring - bread stuck into a mini oven in order to crisp it a little, then smothered with this spread or that. But the bread I have is no ordinary bread. It's delicious, wonderfully fragrant, 12-grain bread. Mmmm.

I'm serious, this stuff is good. I'm not one to enjoy the hearty-farty earthy breads that taste like cardboard. This is good bread.

So I popped two pieces in the toaster.

(note the artfully placed "bunny cup" and Nalgene bottle in the reflection - deliberate of course)

And out they came, toasted to perfection. I buttered them, took a couple pictures, and shoved them down.

Now what could be better than that?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm, what could be better then toast you ask? I am sure I can think of a few things!

Rhonda said...

My favorite breakfast: Whole wheat toast, slathered in butter, and ED Smith Raspberry jam, and a whole lotta herbal strawberry tea. Yummmmm. Kay. I'm hungry. Gotta go.

Laura and Ryan said...

Hahah! Okay, yes, I agree. But it WAS good!

Stacy Kaye said...

Yeah, I love their bread. We find that the Oroweat brand of bread stays fresher longer. Probably because of the inner packaging combined with the outer packaging. We usually go to the grocery store on Sunday nights and pick out whatever type we want to try for that week, since we usually have sandwiches of some type for lunch each day. Some we have not liked but all of the Orowheat brands we have tried have been DELICIOUS! I also love toast that is yummy bread, except I like to slather mine with Adams Peanut Butter and mixed berry jam. Yummy...I think I will have some for breakie tomorrow!

Anna said...

Laura,
I'm astounded... we are on the same wavelength here. Last week I took the exact same photos as these (me putting 2 pieces of toast in the toaster, ready to eat them, so on...) for my blog! So funny... I never got around to posting them, but this is very bizarre! THe only difference is my toast had jam on it.

-A.

Laura and Ryan said...

Woah, Anna. Woah.