Thursday, August 02, 2007

blow me away

I'm sitting staring at the computer screen. Beyond the screen is a wall of tall windows looking out over the Pacific Ocean. The day is hazy with white cloud and the waves rolling in are fierce, albeit calmer than yesterday. It was a stormy, windy day yesterday - a day for staying in. Thankfully today is calmer.

We've been here for 8 days now, in this big house on the beach. The 9 of us (plus baby bump) have shopped, strolled, beach combed, dune bugged, and perused the local attractions a-plenty. Tonight we'll be celebrating Plava's 2nd birthday with a cake and some gifts. Oh, and as Plava would remind me, with the "happy birfday song". I think that might excite her the most of the whole evening.

The baby in my belly seems to kick constantly. I know it's not constant, but it feels like it happens much more frequently than when Plava was in there. It's strange to think of Plava being in there. So much has happened since she arrived. So much of life has changed. I look forward to seeing this new little girl's face and personality emerge when she finally joins us out in the air. And yes, it's a girl. We finally, after weeks of waiting, got the news. We're so excited.

Choosing a name - it's a big job. I feel like we've exhausted all the girl name ideas already. The process for finding Plava's name was so lengthy that it seems that there are none left to consider for this little one! But I know there's a name waiting for her. I have a first choice even - just thought of it yesterday. Won't disclose it though, sorry. You'll just have to wait until she arrives.

Not that we've made a decision or anything!

I asked Plava today, "What is the baby's name?" She stopped, thought hard, curled her little lips into a spry smile and said, "Pito!!" "Pito?" I asked. "PITO!! Yeah!" She said.

So I decided that Pito would be a perfectly suitable blog-name for this little one. Consider it done!

Well we'll be heading back into town this weekend. I must now go upstairs and calm a loud, singing Plava down. She's been hollering away at us through the monitor for the duration of my writing this, and it's time to go to sleep now. What a goof.

2 comments:

Mama Bear said...

kids make up the strangest words. When i was a wee one, i had a blanket that i named "hinnu".

ya...


i dont know.

Rhonda said...

Awwww, I'm so excited you're having a girl!!! How awesome! I guess you can put all plava's clothes and toys to good use again...