Tuesday, February 12, 2008

....date square....mmmmmm.....


I just realized yesterday that Lent has started. I've made it my habit over the past few years to make some kind of change at Lent. A few years ago, I gave up the computer. Last year, I gave up my judgmental attitude. This year? I'm going for the old classic. I'm giving up dessert.

This means no cake, ice cream, squares, puffs, trifles, pies, cookies, and anything like these. Yes, I'm going cold turkey for 40 days. Okay, I started late. It's more like 35 days or something like that.

The nice thing? Traditionally, Lent was a giving up of something for the 40 days EXCEPTING Sundays. Aaaah, that means that I can have dessert on Sunday. Not 5 desserts - I'm only allowing myself one.

So here we go. I put all my effort into NOT taking a bite of Plava's date square this morning at a cafe, and I'm happy to announce that my will won out. None of it went into my mouth, but OH I wanted it to!!

Wish me luck, peeps!! I'm counting on you to keep me accountable!! (Yes, I will be updating as the time goes on.)

2 comments:

Stacy Kaye said...

Good job and good luck!!! You'll do it, you're a determined person. I will remember next time we come...no dessert...unless we make it on a Sunday, that is!!

Rhonda said...

You can do it! Don't think about chocolate cake, rocky road ice cream, delicious pie with thick crust (mmmmm... I can smell it baking now).